Wednesday, December 8, 2010

YEA FOR CEREAL

Well lets just say our first experience with rice cereal was.........interesting. lol. Marek didnt even want to open his mouth so I had to trick him with a bottle then sneak some cereal in. Landon opened his mouth like the pigglet he is, but then didnt want to swallow the extremely gross substance in his mouth. And Princess Addy just screamed at being forced to experience this monstrosity against her. Needless to say, they all three kept pushing the cereal out and I kept trying to coax it back in. The Pediatrition said to start cereal once a day for right now. After about three weeks she said to start inserting baby food vegetables. Its going to be a crazy mess in my house when all three start eating solids. Wish me luck for todays cereal extravaganza!

1 comment:

  1. They do get used to it eventually. When David was a baby, he hated all cereal. Because he was so against food (as opposed to the breast) the doctor told me to try fruits next (it was a "new" era of vegetables before fruit to establish a broader palate for food.) Anyway, no dice. He would eat fresh mashed banana and once in a while two spoons of applesauce. I started adding the cereal to those and when the ratio got too noticeable, he wouldn't eat that either. Also, it took him forever to "get" the swallow thing down because no feeding of food was ever very successful. You can imagine how I felt when it was time to start vegetables. I started with squash (which I didn't like then but do now) and that little dickens: He loved it. He swallowed it like he really knew how to do all the time! So, he liked all the vegetables! To get some fruit in him I would add fruit to the vegetables until he caught on to that too. Once I went from the rice cereal to try baby oatmeal, we had another winner. He just knew what he liked and what he didn't. Good luck sweetie. Love you guys!

    ReplyDelete