Thursday, December 2, 2010

SHOPPING

If you have ever struggled with how difficult it is to go shopping with a baby- try shopping with triplets and you will never complain about your one baby ever again. First it takes forever to leave the house. Through trial and error, I have finally weeded the necessities down to an artform. Trust me you are probably packing way more than you actually neeed; which is fine if you have room under your stroller. My space is limited so I cant bring more than I need. Once you finally get everyone loaded into the car; not without a few tears I might add; I am already sweating. I then cross my fingers that the car will the lull the crying babies to sleep asap since there is always at least one unhappy baby, sometimes more. I do my best to time these trips in between feeds, so the best plan is to make them as quick as you possibly can. Again through trial and error I have decided that the best way for me to shop is to push the boys in the snap and go twin stroller and carry Adalynn on my chest in a pack. And yes I do look as ridiculous as you are probably imagining. The reaction that I get is as my husband says "its like being a rock star!"
Yes there are three
Yes they are triplets
Yes they are all mine
Yes they are all the same age
Yes there are two boys and one girl
No I dont know how I go so lucky
Yes I do have my hands full
Yes these are my only children and no I'm not having anymore
Yes I used fertility-though no its not any of your business
Yes I'm a trooper for trying to shop with them
Yes I have help
You get the idea. A few strangers have even grabbed a paci and put it back in one of the babies mouth. Really people! I dont know where you have been. I would never think to do that to other people. Of course shopping drains me physically and mentally and Im ready to head back home. Hoping that there isnt a meltdown on the car ride back, and sweating again getting everyone back in the house. Now I need a nap.

No comments:

Post a Comment