Monday, May 13, 2013

Worst moments of my life

On Saturday after their evening bath, I set the triplets on the couch watching cartoons while i put laundry away in my bedroom. About every five minutes or so I would peep my head out and check on them since Landon has a tendency to make messes and get into things when I am not looking. When I looked out and noticed Landon no longer sitting on the couch, I called out his name and looked in the main rooms he was most likely to be. When i didn't find him, i checked outside, then in the garage. At this point i stated to worry since he always comes when i call. After rechecking more thoroughly, i realized the only other option was out the front door. I have never seen Landon open the front door, but i now know he apparently has the skill as well as the thoughtfulness to shut the door behind himself causing a longer delay in discovering he was missing. I ran outside and shouted his name over and over. He was nowhere around. I cannot begin to describe the depth of the horrible feeling i felt. Landon is so cute and sweet and doesn't know a stranger. He would walk up to anyone and hug them. It would only take five seconds for him to get inside a strangers car. I knew he was gone. I ran back into the house shouting again asking Addy if she had seen Landon. I immediately called Aaron screaming, and he had me recheck Landon's favorite hideouts knowing he was not there. I called 911. I called my best friend who immediately sped this way looking through the neighborhood. I called my parents. I called Landon's name until i had no more spit in my mouth and could barely swallow. The police asked for a description. He's two, brown hair, blue eyes, and all he is wearing is a pair of blue underwear. He just took a bath. (He's beautiful, absolutely beautiful, and i will be lost forever if we don't find him.) I am barely holding it together. I can't leave the house to search for him because i can't leave the other two. I see Aaron drive by but not stop. He later said he was heading towards the pond that he always walks to with them. The police are searching throughout the neighborhood, and i am standing in my front yard absolutely helpless. It seems like forever but it may have only been 20-30 minutes since Landon walked out the front door, but a police officer approached me saying they had found him. "That little shit!" was my first thought. I was more scared then i have ever been in my entire life, and Landon was just having an adventure. A women two blocks over found him running down the sidewalk. His nakedness stood out to her, and her husband knew if you find the police cars that you will find the family. She says he ran right up to her and gave her a hug. She was holding him in her lap in the front seat of the police cruiser when they rounded the corner. Landon immediately shouted, "Mommy, Mommy!" and i burst into tears. I couldn't hold it in any longer. All the pent up emotion, anxiety, frustration, fear, relief, and thankfulness poured out. I was a slobbering mess. And i will be forever grateful of this neighbor of mine for returning my precious son home safely to me. We now have child proof and some adult proof front door measures in place. Mother's Day the next day was extra special to say the least.

wearing mamas heels

  

No comments:

Post a Comment