Sunday, October 23, 2011

I'm sad

I'm sad. Life sucks sometimes. I'm sad that my babies will never get to hear my favorite uncle Rays jokes, be teased by him, play cards with him, golf with him, and the list continues. I'm sad because my uncle was only 53 years old. I'm sad that a great person can fall asleep and not wake up. I'm sad for my entire family who doesn't deserve this pain. I'm sad that life is so fragile and short.

Who else would show up at the family Christmas party with 'bubba teeth' and a hillbilly accent and stay in character for the entire day. Who else will make farting noises as they pass by and blame it on the shyest person in the room. Who else is going to make crazy cross-eyed facial expressions at every opportunity for a laugh even when posing with his own mother at a wedding. Who else is going to wear derogatory yet funny t- shirts just to see your reaction. What other guy would actually willingly go to a baby shower for his niece even when his wife wasnt coming.

My best memories as a child are vacations with my family. Some of my best memories as an adult are parties and get togethers with my family. Ray was a huge part of that. I will miss him always!

1 comment:

  1. I am so sorry for your loss. It sounds like the world was a better, and more amusing, place when your uncle Ray was in it. Prayers for your family.

    ReplyDelete