Tuesday, August 27, 2013

weekend in the country

 
Since one of my favorite aunts planned a visit to Texas, we went up to visit Memaw and Pepaw out in the country to see them. I have determined that country air means dirty babies, four wheeler rides, and now a "redneck" swimming pool. The kids had a blast and so did I. I was able to see my Marine cousin Joseph who is going soon to Afghanistan, and his adorable daughter Lyla. Lets just say Addy and Lyla became fast friends and played constantly throughout the weekend. Too much good food was definitely had by this Momma, but I was sad that it ended so soon.
 
Addy found a sand pile to play in.



Landon was super happy to ride the four-wheeler with Pepaw.

Joe and Addy go for a ride too.

Can I get a "Yea!"

Cousin Joe, Lyla, and Aunt Dot-
Love them!



Pepaw converted a cattle tank into the perfect swimming pool for these kiddos.

But just a plain ole swimming hole wasn't good enough for Pepaw. He decided a water feature was needed to spice up this pool.

"Redneck fountain" Haha. Great idea I think.

1 comment: