Tuesday, July 19, 2011

reading

My kiddos have finally discovered books. The last few weeks I have started reading to them usually about once a day. Sometimes before nap time, sometimes just in the evening before bath time, but they thoroughly seem to enjoy it. For the most part they sit in rapt attention, except for Landon. He is usually trying to grab the book from me. They like to hold the books and turn the pages as well. Once they are old enough I am so looking forward to taking them to the library. I love to read, so I hope that passes on the them. I plan on making a trip soon to half price books to get some younger, shorter books. Most of the books I have now are too advanced for them. This causes me to read the same ones over and over. Starting to bore myself. Need to find something short with great flashy pictures.

Landon
Marek
Reading time is fun!

1 comment:

  1. My kids LOVE the books by Sandra Boynton. She's got great board books, which are fun for them to chew. I'm a big reader, too, so I'm super excited to take my kids to the library when they get older.

    ReplyDelete