Thursday, January 24, 2013

Owl go ballistic

I am a little artistic. I think it helps soothe my soul to do something artsy and creative every now and then, and I especially love doing it for my friends. I have made my girlfriend Amy a painting during her first pregnancy to go in her nursery and wanted to do it again for her second baby that's coming next week. The first time I did a painting for her it was of monkeys and this time around it's going to be of owls. I also did paintings for each of my babies to go over there cribs. I really enjoyed doing it even though it takes a lot of time, but it is totally worth it when I'm done. So I waited until last minute since her baby is due next week to do her owl painting, and I finally started working on it this week. I spent three hours on it on Monday, four hours on Tuesday and a few hours on Wednesday correcting the mistakes that were made Tuesday night. Those mistakes were not made by me however; it was when I looked up and saw Landon grabbing a paint brush, dipping it in black ink, and making a huge sweep across my painting while I just screamed from across the room. I won't even say how mad I was because it was my own fault for leaving the stuff out. I should know better when Landon is around! So I'm almost done with the painting. I have to do touchups tomorrow and edges plus a final once over but it should be ready by this weekend.















1 comment: